Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Salman is Actor with Writer in Veer

Salman was not just the main actor in `Veer`, he was also the writer. We had a lot of differences of opinion. The way he narrated the story and the way I perceived it as a director were different.

"Moreover I brought in other writers Shailesh Verma, Shaktimaan (who wrote my `Gadar`) and Krishna Raghav. Raghav did all the research. So Salman`s story has been interpreted in the way I thought right."

He said Salman insisted that Anil watch his source of inspiration, the Yul Brynner-Tony Curtis 1962 film ‘Taras Bulba’. "But we couldn`t get a single print of the film. So I had to make do with the images that I had in my mind from childhood.

Anil admits he never wanted Salman`s favourite composers Sajid-Wajid to do the music of "Veer". "I had heard their tunes in his earlier films and I was sure Sajid -Wajid weren`t the right ones for a period drama like `Veer`. I met them reluctantly and was surprised by their understanding of Hindustani music. We worked really well together. And the fact that I could convince Gulzar saab to work with Sajid-Wajid was a stroke of luck."

You may also like these Posts:-



Widget by Hoctro | Jack Book

0 comments: